Job Title: Asphalt Lab Technician
Location: Lugoff, SC
Job Summary: The Asphalt Lab Technician is responsible for the testing and inspection of Hot Mix Asphalt materials that are to be used in construction as well as ensuring that procedures and materials comply with specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as requested by their Supervisor:
- Ability to read/comprehend technical manuals
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Perform routine Hot Mix Asphalt testing
- Stockpile sampling/testing
- Log and submit test results to proper agencies
- SCDOT HMA Level 1 Certification OR the ability to obtain one
- A clean and valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to participate and pass a background/MVR check as well as an urine drug screen and fitness test
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Interpersonal – Listens to others without interrupting; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; promotes a harassment-free environment. Ethics – Treats people with respect. Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Initiative – Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed. Quantity – Meets productivity standards. Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all to apply including women and minorities.
Apply Here: Job Application
If you have any questions please contact our HR Department at (843) 675-7617