Job Title: Paver Operator
Company: Boggs Contracting, Inc.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Summary: Efficiently operate various models of asphalt pavers to maintain an acceptable level of workmanship and productivity. Knowledge and experience for the proper setup, operation and maintenance of grade and slope automation systems. Paving skills/knowledge required for asphalt mix applications on variable types of projects that include parking lots, residential subdivisions, and highway projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes paver walk around daily
- Runs a paving speed as directed to balance delivery, paver capacity, and compaction with a few if any stops.
- Work with a screed operator in establishing and maintaining the head of material.
- Steer paver holding a predetermined reference.
- Observe the mic as it is being dumped for changes in characteristics.
- Work with dump man to make quick and effective truck exchanges not bumping the paver or running the hopper below half full.
- Performs routine maintenance on a loader such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning.
Boggs Group is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply
For any questions contact our HR department at 843-675-4285
Click the link below to fill out the application