Job Title: Class “A” and/or Class “B” CDL Driver
Reports to: Boggs Transport, Inc.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: The CDL Driver is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs on construction projects any combination of the duties described below. The CDL Driver’s primary function is to safely transport concrete loads to and from pour sites.
Requirements: Must have a valid class “A” CDL or class “B” CDL. drive manual shift and driving record within MVR policy guidelines is required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as requested by their supervisor.
- Valid Class “A” CDL license and driving record within MVR policy guidelines
- Must have familiarity with the safe operation of construction and/or paving equipment
- Responsible for the safe loading and unloading of construction and paving equipment
- Able to work day or night shifts as required
- Knowledge of all USDOT & FMCSA safety regulations
- Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspections for leaks and damage to vehicle prior to operation
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if vehicle needs to be repaired
- Experience with air brakes and standard transmission
- Drive truck equipped with different trailer combinations
- Maintain completed pre and post trip DVIR
- Ability to calculate weights of equipment with truck/trailer combo to stay within DOT permitting restrictions and guidelines
- Knowledge of FMCSA cargo securement rules and regulations
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
- Able to safety drive a water tanker, flatbed and/or other commercial vehicles as required within driver’s license guidelines and with the required driver’s license endorsements
The application link below. Please print out and return fully executed to either our Monroe, NC office or our Pageland, SC office: