Job Title: Concrete Foreman
Reports To: Superintendent
FLSA Status: Exempt
- 2 years of roadway experience
Summary: The Concrete Foreman supervises the work of concrete laborers that are responsible for preparing, placing, finishing, and curing concrete. They prepare work schedules for concrete laborers, estimate the amount of labor and materials required for concrete construction projects, and consult blueprints and drawings to ensure accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as requested by their supervisor.
- Oversees all activities pertaining to concrete preparation, placement, installation, finishing and curing
- Dividing concrete construction projects into different stages and evaluating how much labor and materials are required for each stage.
- Resolving all problems that may affect project quality and completion.
- Consulting blueprints, drawings, and plans to ensure that concrete structures are accurately placed and installed.
- Delegating tasks to concrete laborers and providing overall guidance.
- Maintaining accurate records of the number of hours worked and the number of materials used for each project.
- Ensuring that formwork and shoring are erected, supported, and dismantled based on engineering designs and drawings.
- Interpret blueprints, plans and drawings
- Enforce compliance with safety regulations
- Inspecting concrete after the formwork and shoring has been removed and instructing concrete laborers on how to correct defects and concrete roughness.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Interpersonal – Listens to others without interrupting; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; promotes a harassment-free environment. Ethics – Treats people with respect. Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Initiative – Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed. Quantity – Meets productivity standards. Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all to apply including women and minorities.
Please fill out the application below-
If you have any questions contact our HR department at (843) 675-4285