Job Title: Motor Grade Operator
Location: Monroe, North Carolina; Lancaster, South Carolina; Pageland, South Carolina
Reports To: Job Foreman
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Operates the fine grade motor at different construction sites. Must under the basic principles of operating a fine grade motor. Should be knowledgeable of the grader’s operations and adjustments.
Requirements: 3 years or more of experience is recommended
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as requested by their Supervisor.
- Operate the motor grade in a safe and professional manner.
- Perform fine or rough grading
- Operate self-propelled grader to level and spread dirt, stone or gravel
- Be able to spread or mix material to grade specifications
- Move motor grader lever to regulate height and angle of grader blade
- Operates grader in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified grade following markings on grade stakes or hand signals
- Lower scarifier to loosen packed soil to permit grading
- Tilt front wheels of grader when making sharp turns
- Feels levers and listen to the sound of the engine to determine depth of cut
- Greases, oils and performs minor repairs
- Responsible for notifying a supervisor if the grader needs to be repaired
The application link below. Please print out and return fully executed to either our Monroe, NC office or our Pageland, SC office:
|Job Category||Equipment Operators|