Job Title: Diesel Truck Mechanic
Location: Georgetown, SC
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: The mechanic will perform minor and major repairs on trucks and trailers.
- At least 1 year of mechanical experience
- Willing to learn the company’s policies and procedures
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines and other parts of vehicles
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as requested by their supervisor.
- Perform minor and major repairs on trucks and trailers
- Conduct regular preventive/routine maintenance on service trucks, including inspection, battery checks, lubrication of equipment and parts, tire rotation, and oil changes
- Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop
- Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs
- Perform regular diagnostic tests on trucks
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on vehicles
- Maintain good attendance and work the entire shift
- Have your own tools.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Interpersonal – Listens to others without interrupting; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; promotes a harassment-free environment. Ethics – Treats people with respect. Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Initiative – Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed. Quantity – Meets productivity standards. Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all to apply including women and minorities.
Please fill out the application below-