Job Title: Pipe Crew Laborer
Reports To: Job Foreman
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Perform any combination of the following tacks: grade trenches or culverts, position pipe, or seal joints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as requested by their Supervisor.
- Align or position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers.
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue.
- Back fill pipes with earth or other materials.
- Cut pipes to required lengths.
- Excavate trenches to required depths by hand or using trenching tools.
- Grade and level trench bases using tamping machines and hand tools.
- Install and repair sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systems.
- Lay out pipe routes, follow plans or instructions.
- Locate existing pipes needing repairs using magnetic or radio indicators.
- Use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, and transit levels.
- Operate any mechanized equipment needed for pipe installation.
The application link below. Please print out and return fully executed to either our Monroe, NC office or our Pageland, SC office: