Job Title: Roller Operator
Company: Boggs Contracting, Inc.
Location(s): Alamance County, NC
Summary: Requires the operation of self-propelled steel-wheeled, rubber-tired, segmented, or other type of roller to compact earth, subgrade, sub-base and asphalt surfaces for road construction.The job requirements are to distribute, breakdown, compress, and give a finished surface to cooling asphalt. The first stage breaks down the asphalt mix with the breakdown roller. The second stage compresses it with a rubber tired roller and the final finish is given by the finish roller. Roller operators may also be required to compact earth fills, sub grades, and flexible bases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives machine in successive overlapping passes over surfaces to be compacted, rolling subgrade and asphalt to desired compaction and smoothness.
- Requires use of hand tampers and/or plate tampers over areas not accessible to road rollers.
- Follows a predetermined roller pattern.
- Aware of mix temperature and rolls within specified rolling temperature zones.
- Understands how to properly roll joints both transverse and longitudinal.
- Uses the water system properly to not pick up or waste water.
- Understands how to make smooth stops and starts.
- Routinely performs maintenance and minor repairs on rollers.
Requirements: At least 1-2 years of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all to apply including women and minorities.
Please fill out an application at 342 Clark Rd, Snow Camp, NC 27349.
If you have questions contact our HR department at (843) 675-4285