Job Title: Screed Operator
Location: Monroe, North Carolina; Lancaster, South Carolina; Pageland, South Carolina
Reports To: Job Foreman
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Operates the screed at different construction sites.Must understand the basic principles of paving with free-floating screed. Should be knowledgeable of the screed’s operation and adjustments. Aware of mix characteristics and what might change of mix varies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate the screed in a safe and professional manner.
- Set up screed for days paving with correct width, depth, crown, and slope.
- Heat Screed
- Work with a paver operator to establish and maintain proper head of material.
- Operate and properly maintain automation systems.
- Make adjustments for consistent textured mat.
- Follow “Best Practice” at all times.
- Have depth rods set for day’s paving.
- Assist with job layout, painting lines, and planning day’s paving.
- Use flow gates and auger speed to keep a constant head of material. The head of material should be kept half way up the auger shaft.
- Responsible for notifying a supervisor if the screed needs to be repaired
The application link below. Please print out and return fully executed to either our Monroe, NC office or our Pageland, SC office:
|Job Category||Equipment Operators|