Job Title: Water Truck Driver
Reports to: Direct Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Drives a truck to transport water for construction projects, transporting potable water to crews working in remote sites and also driving a truck equipped with a sprinkling attachment to spray water on roadways in order to control dust.
Requirements: Must have at least a Valid Class “B” CDL with tanker endorsement, drive manual shift and driving record within MVR policy guidelines is required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as requested by their supervisor.
- Valid Class “A” CDL with tanker endorsement and driving record within MVR policy guidelines is required
- Familiarity with DOT regulations
- Drives tank truck to transport water for construction projects or to provide water for use on the construction site
- Knowledge with chaining and binding of equipment being transported. (DOT)
- Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspections for leaks and damage to vehicle before operation
- Responsible for daily maintenance of vehicle to remain in proper and safe working order
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if vehicle needs to be repaired
- Insert pipe in refilled trenches and other excavations
- Operate auxiliary pump on truck to pump water into fill to settle and compact dirt
- Drive truck equipped with sprinkling attachment to settle dust on roads and streets
- Saturate flexible base for compaction
- Drive tri-axle truck and trailer
- Driver/Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
The application link below. Please print out and return fully executed to either our Monroe, NC office or our Pageland, SC office: